Saturday, February 21, 2009

Jesus was a winner!!!

Sam had a basketball game today at Tannehill Valley Baptist Church. We won by the score of 39 to 12. That put's our record at 5-2 with one game remaining. Sam had a great game.I'm not sure how many points he scored but he was the leading scorer.Some of their fans were unhappy with the lopsided score. I guess they wanted my team to quit when they got ahead. My theory is if you don't like getting so many points scored against you then get a better defense. I love the fact that upward basketball goes out of it's way to encourage sportsmanship and guarantees each kid equal playing time. I love the fact that you get to share the gospel with each kid during the course of the season.I hate the fact you are made to feel guilty because your team excels . It smells of political correctness, which I despise. There is nothing wrong with compeeting and there is nothing wrong with winning. Jesus was a winner.

I'm out-jy

No comments: