Friday, December 24, 2010

Western Hills Santa


It was a Saturday morning the weekend before Christmas about 5 or 6 yrs ago and Donna came home from work and informed me that I had to take Sam to get his picture made with Santa. Donna works nights so this was about 8 in the morning when she informed me. Not sure what I had planned for that Saturday but I can promise you fighting holiday traffic jams and standing in line to get Sam's picture made with a bunch of crying youngins was not high on my priority list. By the way Sam had cried in every Santa picture we had made up to this point.I was brainstorming trying to figure how to get out of it, but I could'nt. So a couple of hours later we were on our way and then it hit me. I turned the car around and headed to Western Hills Mall because I figured the crowds would'nt be near what they were at the Galleria or Brookwood. I got there in about fifteen minutes and found a great parking spot. I walked right up to the Santa photo booth and there was no line. Sam walked right up to Santa, sat on his lap and told him what he wanted and for the first time he did'nt even cry. We were back home in an hour or so and I proudly placed the new Santa picture on the mantle along with the other Santa photos. I could'nt wait till Donna got up so I could show her the new Santa photo and tell her how easy it was.

No comments: